Currency cheques are for:
All individual customers, Bulgarian and foreign citizens, with a current or saving account within the bank
Currency cheques are:
Cheques are the most widely used security which adequately replaces money. They play an important role both in international and domestic economic circulation of many countries. Cheques are used as a means of payment.
A cheque is a written document by which a bank or credit institution can be instructed to remit or pay a certain amount to the physical or corporate person indicated therein.
Using its correspondent network, Societe Generale Expressbank is in position to issue from the name of the client bank’s cheques in various currencies:
- in USD, payable against American Express Bank, New York
- in GBP or USD payable against Barclays Bank, London
- in EURO, payable against Societe Generale, Paris
The cheques issued by Societe Generale Expressbank are bank cheques payable against its accounts with correspondent banks.
Currency cheques allow you to:
Cheques are used for payments for two reasons:
- In case it has been expressly instructed to use a cheque as a means of payment. Normally, use of cheques is required when no accounts or banks are specified to direct the payment to. In most cases these payments will be for:
- Various fees for educational purposes
- Subscriptions to newspapers or magazines
- Participation in international conferences, symposia, congresses
- Examination fees (TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, etc.)
- Commercial or non-commercial transactions
- Support of relatives
- The cheque form of payment is cheaper than a bank transfer.