3D-Secure Code - General terms
- The Bank shall provideto the Cardholder (resp. the Additional cardholder) enrollment of his/her card in the programs Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard SecureCode of the International Card Organizations Visa and MasterCard for authentication of a Cardholder at the moment of shopping at online merchants certified for the programs mentioned above. Enrollment of the card in the programs is carried out via the functionality “3D Secure Code”, which allows higher security when shopping online.
- The 3D Secure code service shall be free of charge for the Cardholders and does not require installing of any additional software.
- In the process of payment by card in online shopping at Internet merchants, which are 3D Secure certified, the Cardholder will have to use the secure code for performing the payment. This code is dynamic – an unique, one-time password for authentication, which has to be filled in a popped-up screen in order the transaction to be finalized. The password shall be received by the Cardholder via SMS on his/her mobile phone, registered with the Bank.
- “3D Secure Code” shall be obligatory for all cards in use for transactions online at 3DS registeredmerchants’ sites, starting from …………………...2017.
- The dynamic 3D secure code is a One-Time-Password (OTP) sent via SMS to the Cardholder’smobile phone provided to the bank.
- The enrollment for dynamic 3D secure code of all cards, issued by the Bank (either before or after the date in XI.2.), shall be performed by the Bank.
- After the date in XI.2. the use of the 3D secure code with static password activated on ATM shall not be possible any more.
- Conditions for using “3D Secure Code” shall enter in force for each specific card from the moment of its enrollment for the service. Canceling of the enrollment is not possible, because for online transactions to 3D Secure certified merchant, the 3D Secure code shall be obligatory as stated inXI.2.
- The phone number on which theSMS with OTP shall be received is the one, presented to the Bank by the Cardholder as a contact number.
By these GTC the Bank announces that the phone numbers of all Cardholders shall be used for receiving SMS with 3D Secure code, and shall consider them correct and trustworthy, unless explicitly stated the opposite by any Cardholder. The statement for updating a phone number must be made by the Cardholder personally in a Bank office or in case of emergency by contacting the Customer Care & Sales Center on number +359(0)0800 18 888 after verification of the identity of the Cardholder in a respective way, as per the Bank’s assessment.
- It is the Cаrdholder’s obligation to provide to the Bank his/her correct and updated phone number, as well as the Cardholder has the obligation to notify the Bank in a Bank office for the change of his/her phone number and/or for the change of the mobile operator. Otherwise, in case of change, he/she shall not be able to receive and use the secure code and perform the online transaction.
- Upon entering 3 times a wrong secure code, the transaction shall be blocked.
- In case of losing, destroying or stealing of the mobile phone/the SIM card whose number shall be used for receiving of secure code, as well as if any doubt that third person might find out the secure code, the Cardholder is obliged to notify immediately the Bank. The notification shall be made personally in a Bank office or in case of emergency by contacting the Customer Care & Sales Center аt number +359(0)0800 18 888 after verification of the identity of the Cardholder in a respective way, as per the Bank’s assessment.
After receiving the notification the Bank immediately blocks the authentication for transactions with 3D Secure Code. In order to receive a new secure code the Cardholder has to act as specified in XI.3.7. hereinabove.
In case of a blocking request by a phone call, by a person who pretends to be the Cardholder, the Bank in any case blocks the authentication for transactions with 3D Secure Code, without the necessity to check the identity of the person. The Bank is not responsible for blocking of the authentication for transactions with 3D Secure Code as a result of phone calls made unconscientiously.
The a.m. blocking does not prevent the execution of the online transactions ordered before receiving of the blocking request. Besides cash withdrawals and/or other transactions shall be possible with the same card.
- If a person different from the Cardholder has realized online transaction using 3D Secure code received on the phone number which identifies the Cardholder, no matter in which way this was made possible, it is accepted that in the relations between the Bank and the Cardholder, this person is empowered by the Cardholder to order this transactions.
- The 3D Secure Code represents personal authentication characteristics of a payment instrument and the Cardholder has all obligations as per p.II of the section for common rules for payment instruments.
- The Cardholder is obliged not to disclose information for his/her Secure Code no matter form which source and how the request has come, except for the cases when a payment is made at sites of merchants certified for the programs Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code, when for authentication it is obligatory to be inserted the secure code, received via SMS with One-Time-Password (OTP) on the committed Cardholder’s mobile phone.
- The Cardholder has the right to make a claim at the bank for a payment made via Internet at online Merchant certified for the programs Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode, not later than 30 (thirty) calendar days form the date of receiving the information about the performed payment (this information might be via ATM receipt, received SMS, bank account statement e.t.c.).
- In case of a dispute related to the concrete conditions for the purchase of goods and/or services, delivery terms, prices, warranty conditions, insurances, etc. the Cardholder is obliged to contact the merchants directly for resolution of the issue.
- In case of non ability to reach an agreement as per the above article and submission at the Bank of a claim in writing for the payment, the Cardholder is obliged to submit full information for the order, all related documents and terms and conditions of the merchant in force at the time the deal is concluded, full correspondence with the merchant related to the order and the consequent attempts to solve the dispute between the Cardholder and the merchant. The Cardholder has to submit the documents in translation in Bulgarian and/or English. The claim shall be examined according to the present General Terms and Conditions.
XI.9. Liability of the Bank and the Cardholder when performing non authorized payment operations is specified in p. IV of the section for common rules for payment instruments.